1st April 2021 - 30th April 2021, 12:00 - 11:00
Mental Health Awareness for Line Managers
Supporting better mental health in your workplace
Our range of mental health courses are designed to increase employee understanding of mental health issues so staff can identify difficulties in themselves or others early. They are also aimed at identifying stressors and building resilience through better understanding of how stress can be managed. For further information click here
What is mental health awareness for Line Managers?
This is a course aimed at line managers with a view to gaining practical insight into how to manage and support the mental well-being of their team and also how to manage mental ill health and absence.
What Will I learn?
- Improve understand of what mental health is and its context within the workplace
- Understand what stress is, how it influences different people in different ways and how it can be managed.
- How to have the conversation with an employee who is experiencing mental distress.
- How to support staff who have mental illness both while they are at work and absent from work.
- Understand the concept of presenteeism, how to spot it and how to manage it.
- Reasonable Adjustments – what they are and your role as manager
- How to promote mental well-being among staff
- Understand the important of stigma reduction around mental health and how this can be achieved.
- Consider your organisation’s current practice and suggestions for how it might be improved.
- What to do in an emergency such as panic attack or suicidal thought
For further information please contact us using the form below or email email@example.com