1st April 2021 - 30th April 2021, 12:00 - 11:00
SafeTALK - suicide prevention
What is safeTALK?
safeTALK is a half-day training in suicide alertness. It helps participants recognise a person with thoughts of suicide and connect them with resources who can help them in choosing to live. Participants don’t need any formal preparation to attend the training—anyone age 15 or older who wants to make a difference can learn the safeTALK steps.
What will I learn?
safeTALK helps participants become alert to suicide. Suicide-alert people are better prepared to connect persons with thoughts of suicide with life-affirming help. Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts may be present,
- Recognise that invitations for help are often overlooked,
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide,
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, KeepSafe, and
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further suicide-safer help.
Dates of York Mind MHFA courses in 2019
We do not currently have an safeTALK classes open to the public but do anticipate running courses again from summer onwards.
Please note we can also arrange bespoke safeTALK courses which can be held at the workplace or for other groups of people for further details please complete the form below or email: firstname.lastname@example.org