6th April 2019 - 27th October 2019, 12:00 at Kunsthuis Gallery
Sunday Coffee Club Volunteers
We are looking for friendly and enthusiastic volunteers to help with our Sunday Coffee Club.
Our Coffee Club:
Our Coffee Club is for people identifying with mental-ill health and who are managing their well-being. It provides a safe and supportive environment where people can socialise and meet others. The club is relaxed and informal with a focus on reducing isolation and creating positive connections.
Based at 30, Clarence Street in York, YO31 7DE, the Coffee Club is facilitated by members of York Mind Staff and volunteers and is open every Sunday afternoon.
The volunteering role includes:
- Being available from 1.30pm-5pm on Sunday afternoons. (Fortnightly availability would be considered).
- Provide a listening ear to people dropping into the Coffee Club
- Join in group activities-, e.g, Themed Coffee Afternoons, playing games, quizzes, etc.
- Make drinks and serve refreshments to customers.
The Coffee Club will not provide any advice, guidance, crisis or support work.
- Great communication skills are a must for this role
- A non-judgmental and person centred approach
- A willingness to engage in social activities
- An approachable and empathetic attitude
- A commitment to supporting mental health recovery
For more information, or to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Jamie Edwards at email@example.com or call 01904 643364 Option 5.