3rd December 2023, 11:00 - 1:00
Our Fundraising Promise
We are York Mind. We only exist because of the amazing support of people like you.
We want you to know that we really value your support, whether you've:
- fundraised on our behalf
- supported our campaigns
- left us a gift in your will.
We are committed to treating you with respect and openness, so this is our promise to you.
Our communications with you
- We hope you'll want to hear more about our work. We'll always be clear about how we'll communicate with you.
- If you tell us you'd rather not be contacted, or you'd rather we didn't contact you in a certain way, we'll act on your wishes.
- You can change your mind about what you receive from us at any time.
York Mind’s commitment to treating our supporters fairly, protecting our young supporters, and safeguarding.
Fundraising is really important to us and we are proud of what it helps us achieve. We will constantly review our fundraising practices to make sure they are fair, sensitive and appropriate.
Mind is committed to ensuring the highest quality of experience for our supporters. In the interest of empowering and protecting our supporters, Mind trains and supports its staff, volunteers and third party organisations that work on behalf of Mind to recognise, and appropriately respond to vulnerability without discrimination or judgement.
Mind works to ensure supporters are treated fairly and treated as individuals at all times, and not exploited or treated in any way which might bring them harm as a result of their interaction with Mind.
Mind’s approach to supporters in vulnerable circumstances is informed by the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice and the Chartered Institute of Fundraising’s guidance.
We now ask that all our supporters under 16 ask their parent or guardian to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, as we require written consent for any young person under 16 to engage in fundraising, volunteering or otherwise supporting York Mind.
We make sure all staff are trained in and follow our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
About your donation or the money you've raised
- Your donation will be used responsibly to help people with mental health problems get support and respect. We will keep administration costs to a minimum without jeopardising the quality of York Mind's work. As much of your donation as possible will be spent directly on our life-changing work.
- We'll answer any question you have about how your donation is spent and financial information is available
- We might turn down a donation if we feel that accepting it would damage our independence or reputation. If we do, we'll explain why.
Our use of your personal details
- We use carefully selected suppliers to help us deliver our communications and services. We will keep any personal information safe, only using your details to contact you in the ways you've agreed to.
- We will always respect your right to privacy and adhere to laws around the use of data.
- When necessary, we may share data with our own carefully regulated and monitored external suppliers, for processing purposes. We will ensure their use of the data is in line with our own data protection policies and not kept or used by them for any other purposes.
Our accountability to you
- You can contact us with feedback or to make a complaint if you are unhappy with anything we have done while communicating with you.
- We will respond honestly and promptly to your questions and/ or complaints.